An opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated Senior/Principal Architect to join our successful and established small architects practice. Our workload includes high end housing developments, commercial schemes and bespoke private residential projects.
You will be responsible for heading up a small team of architects and architectural technicians from planning and design stage through to technical and construction packages. Knowledge of Vectorworks Cad software is desirable but not essential.
This role will suit an enthusiastic registered architect that has at least 3 years’ UK experience of designing residential buildings. You must have the ability to work at a high level, employing a range of drawing, modelling and interpersonal skills to engage, influence and collaborate with external clients, colleagues and stakeholders.
Excellent commercial acumen and strong construction background is essential for this role.
Clayland Architects & Country Homes is based Mundford, Norfolk, in a stunning location in the heart of Thetford Forest and only 1 hour from Ipswich, Norwich and Cambridge.
Clayland are very much a family business, established in 1998 and run by husband and wife team Chris and Mel Tilley, with Chris’ eldest sons Aaron and Ollie working through the ranks. Most of the team have been with them for many years and have worked hard to build and maintain their reputation. Clayland are looking for someone to play a lead role within their small friendly team to help grow and shape the future of business.
Predominantly construction based, they design and build high quality country homes whilst also having a few other areas of diversification/business interests.
- Point of contact for external projects and running these projects independently as well as part of a team
- Managing the planning process from meeting the client, cost estimates and delivery to site
- Developing design proposals and presentation drawings
- Managing and developing the practice team
The successful applicant:
- Highly motivated individual with at least 3 years’ UK experience in this sector
- Knowledge of architecture and/or technical construction detailing
- Drawing skills and an ability to interpret another person’s vision
- Experience of managing a team
- Excellent commercial acumen
- Ability to project manage and problem-solve
- Good working knowledge of Building Regulations
- Understanding of construction methods
- Excellent technical ability
- Confidence with running jobs independently on site
- Excellent written and verbal communication
How to apply
If you’re interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, along with a covering letter to email@example.com
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Salary: £40,000 to £55,000, depending on qualifications and experience